Step 4: Tell the Court Copies Given

en español>

The judge cannot hear your court case until you have filed your court forms properly, given (served) copies of these forms to the other party, and then filed a form that shows someone over 18 who is not connected to the court case served those forms on the other party.


To prove to the court that the person who is being asked to pay support has been served in the right way, the person who served your forms must fill out one of the following forms and then give it back to you for filing:

  • For personal service -- The person who served the documents is to fill out and sign one Proof of Personal Service (Form FL-330) Opens new window for each person or agency served.
  • For service by mail -- The person who mailed the documents is to fill out and sign one Proof of Service by Mail (Form FL-335) Opens new window form listing all of the people and agencies served.


Make one photocopy of each Proof of Service form and take these, plus the original, to the court clerk. The clerk will file and stamp all of the forms. The court will keep the original of each form and will give the copies of these forms back to you.

Keep your copy of the Proof of Service in a safe place and take it to any court hearing that has been scheduled in this case. This is your proof that you have met the Service of Process requirements.


Did this information help you?  Tell us what you think.